Simplify and Optimize RAN Backhaul
The Cisco ASR 901 Series Aggregation Services Routers are environmentally hardened, high-speed, low-power-consumption routers optimized for any-G cell-site Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul and Ethernet access. By using the Cisco ASR 901 routers, operators can reduce backhaul operating costs, simplify and converge their RAN and Ethernet access networks, and enhance their profit opportunities with mobile and premium Ethernet services.
Cisco ASR 901 Series Aggregation Services Routers support a variety of backhaul transport solutions for mobile Internet operators with Global System for Mobile (GSM), Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (UMTS), and WiMAX networks.
Feature and Capabilities
- Small form factor for cell sites with extended operating temperature
- Front panel access cabling and LED indicators
- Redundant power and cooling
- nV Technology capable
- Flexible clocking options: TDM, BITS, 1588v2, and SyncE
- Cell-site RAN transport platform designed to help accommodate future needs
- Support for all clock synchronization technologies
- Advanced technology is optimized for low power consumption